Formals & More

Posts Tagged ‘pearl and crystal buttons

The “Pearls & Lace” gown (official name) is almost finished. All that remains is the draped beading cross the back. Maybe this weekend . . .  I will show a couple bits and pieces, but until I have it done, that is all you get!

OK  – that’s it for now! Keep checking back – should have more pics up soon!

I will say that I LOVE this dress! Very light weight, feminine, elegant. Everything a bridal gown should be. Pearls & Lace . . .

Advertisements

I made good progress today on the dress. I worked on the sleeves; got them attached, but still need to complete the pleats and lace edges as well as the buttons. I got the skirt made and attached, as well as the lining and the tulle at the bottom. Here, however, is my dilemma. Note the difference in the following pictures. In the first set, there are 3 buttons spread out over the 5 pleats on the skirt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here I have the same 5 pleats with 5 buttons. I can’t decide which I like better. Opinions are appreciated!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A view of the back (please ignore the bra strap; it’s only there to give my flat-chested Ms Molly some much needed cleavage). Also, keep in mind that Ms Molly apparently has scholeosis, therefore most clothing seems to hang slightly crooked on her. I really must get her to a doctor.

 And the front view. I may need a little more tulle for fluff. Opinions?

Still have to put in the zipper, add the lace trim at the hem and sleeves, and I may do some beading at the waist to match the beading that will drape across the upper back.

All in all, it was a productive day!

I got the dress cut out last Tuesday evening. Took about 3 -4 hours and a sore back. I didn’t have a chance to work on it til early Thursday a.m.   I was leaving Thursday for a trip over the holiday weekend to St Louis with my husband, and I woke up about 4:00 a.m thinking about how I really needed to altleast get started on the dress. So,  at 5a.m., I finally got up and went upstairs to get some sewing done. Ofcourse, the dogs and Emma Grace all thought that because I was up, surely it must be time to eat. I made them wait. They weren’t very happy with me. But I got the bodice put together by 7:00 a.m. I meant to include a pic of the back of the bodice, but it didn’t turn out AT ALL! Will try to get another to post later. It is a lowered scooped back. Love this fabric – ivory silk charmuese – yum!

bodice front

I also got the lace sleeves cut out, but didn’t get them sewn together until this afternoon.

lace sleeve

 Here is the sleeve pinned to the bodice, one pleat and lace trim pinned on.

Here, I’ve put 2 pleats in it ( I think this looks better), and I slipped the button trim on.

Here is a closer view. I do think I will shorten the under-part of the sleeve. I think it just looks a little ‘bottom – heavy’. 

A close -up of the gorgeous buttons I found! The small ones are for the sleeves, the larger ones will go on the pleats on the skirt.

Will keep you posted!


Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 2 other followers

scoutle

Connect with me at Scoutle.com

Archives